Zlatan confirms LA move
Zlatan Ibrahimovic feels "ready to go now" with LA Galaxy after his move to the Major League Soccer franchise was finally confirmed.
Manchester United revealed on Thursday that the 36-year-old Swede had been released from his contract.
The front page of the LA Times sports section on Friday showed Ibrahimovic in a Galaxy jersey, above the headline: 'He's Hard To Ignore'.
Official confirmation came from the MLS club later on Friday, with a short video on the club's Twitter feed showing Ibrahimovic walking alongside a lion before declaring: "Los Angeles, Welcome to Zlatan."
The former Sweden forward had returned to competitive action for United in November after recovering from surgery to repair his ruptured cruciate ligament.
However, his last game was on St Stephen's Day, when he was substituted at half-time of the 2-2 Premier League draw at home to Burnley.
Despite a lack of recent game time, Ibrahimovic said he would hit the ground running when he links up with the MLS franchise.
"I am ready to go now," Ibrahimovic said.
"My first objective is to play football and do what I'm good at.
"Wherever I have come, I have won. I am coming to win, to help, to make it better."
The Swede will follow the likes of Ireland's record scorer Robbie Keane and former England captains David Beckham and Steven Gerrard to the StubHub Center, where he will play alongside ex-Chelsea full-back Ashley Cole.
It has been reported Ibrahimovic's deal with the Galaxy is worth $3million over two years.