herald

Sunday 17 December 2017

Wenger denies talk of Ozil's Barcelona move

Mesut Ozil. Photo: PA Wire
Mesut Ozil. Photo: PA Wire

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has denied reports suggesting Mesut Ozil has agreed a switch to Barcelona.

The 29-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and is free to speak to foreign clubs in January over a summer move.

With Manchester United and Fenerbahce also linked with moves for the player, Wenger is keen for both Ozil and Alexis Sanchez, who finds himself in the same contractual position, to stay.

Asked if claims that Ozil had already agreed terms with Barca, Wenger said: "No. What kind of control can I have over that? All these people have agents who can talk to anybody. That doesn't disturb people, that happens all through their career."

Although neither of Wenger's top names have signed fresh terms despite negotiations opening a year ago, the Frenchman is not worried about fielding the pair ahead of tomorrow's trip to Burnley.

"Nobody knows what will happen when the players reach the end of their contracts. Our worry is to perform on Sunday, that's it," he said.

Related Content


Promoted articles

Entertainment News