Toffees look for expert advice on Gbamin
Everton are consulting with experts throughout Europe as they consider the best course of treatment for midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin's thigh injury.
The £25million summer signing has initially been ruled out for up to eight weeks after assessment revealed he had sustained a tendon injury in the quadriceps of his right leg.
However, it is understood Everton have not ruled out surgery for the Ivory Coast international, whose only start so far this season was in the 1-0 win over Watford on August 17.
"It's something we didn't expect after we saw a muscle injury," head coach Marco Silva told a press conference said ahead of Everton's League Cup trip to League One Lincoln.
"But the scan gave this feedback for us and now it's a matter for us to try and get the player ready again as fast as we can. For the moment we can talk to you about between six to eight weeks, it's the type of situation we have to see day by day.
"But, in this moment, that's the target we have for him."
There was better news for Silva over another summer signing Fabian Delph, brought in from Manchester City for £8million to add some much-needed experience.
He has been declared fit after being sidelined by a groin problem in pre-season.