Mourinho silent on FA charges as Schweinsteiger trains
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has attempted to brush aside questions about his recent referee-related controversies.
Mourinho on Tuesday was given a second misconduct charge in the space of a week by the Football Association after being sent to the stands during Saturday's 0-0 draw with Burnley by referee Mark Clattenburg.
Mourinho allegedly used "abusive and/or insulting words towards a match official'' in the tunnel at half-time. He has been given one match touchline ban and fined a total of £58,000.
The Portuguese was also charged with misconduct last Thursday over comments he made about referee Anthony Taylor in the lead up to the 0-0 draw at Liverpool last month.
Ahead of tonight's Europa League clash with Fenerbahce, Mourinho was asked for his thoughts on his latest FA charge and the incident it had stemmed from. He replied: "No - no reaction."
He was then asked if, more generally, he regretted his behaviour towards match officials this season, or felt hard done by, to which he simply responded: "Next question."
Mourinho was far more forthcoming when quizzed about United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, who has been frozen out this season but was back training with the first team this week.
Mourinho said the "human" decision he had made was based on the numbers he needed in training sessions and that it would be beneficial for Schweinsteiger should he join another club.
But he also suggested the 32-year-old playing again for United was not entirely out of the question, describing him as an "option" if injuries mounted up in midfield.
"It is a decision based on the fact that we are in a period in the season where it is really difficult to train with everybody together," Mourinho said.
Fenerbahce v Man United (ko 6.0)