McCarthy insists he's made up with Morgan
Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has held clear-the-air talks with owner-chairman Steve Morgan after his verbal dressing room attack on the players following Tuesday's 3-0 home defeat by Liverpool.
Morgan made his feelings known to the squad after Wolves' sequence without a Premier League win was extended to nine matches.
But McCarthy insists the matter was resolved in a meeting on Wednesday and Morgan's outburst has "not eroded my authority".
McCarthy said: "It's common knowledge that the chairman came down to the dressing room.
"I've spoken to him about it and it's been sorted out. It was all done on Wednesday. He knows my feelings on it and that's enough for me. I don't have to give anyone a headline.
"We're second bottom and have won two games in 21 so do I need to sensationalise anything else? It's been sorted out."
McCarthy added: "This is the first time in my managerial career a chairman has done that.
"I don't feel it erodes my authority, but we've spoken and Steve knows my views about that and all that remains private.
"There is no animosity, no hard feelings and we have moved on."
Gunners must be unbeatable
Arsene Wenger (pictured) has challenged his Arsenal side to recapture the Invincibles spirit and drag themselves back into the top four of the Premier League.
The Gunners have slumped to seventh in the table after finally ending a run of three straight league defeats with a frustrating goalless draw at Bolton on Wednesday night. However, with only five points separating them from fourth, there is still all to play for over the remaining 15 matches.
The Gunners could leapfrog both Liverpool and Newcastle, who play later in the weekend, with victory over struggling Blackburn Rovers at the Emirates Stadium early today.
However, after suffering eight defeats so far, Wenger accepts there can be little margin for error.
"Ideally you want to be unbeaten. Is it possible? I think to prove that it is possible is just to win," said the Arsenal manager, whose side famously claimed the 2003/2004 championship without losing a league match. For the rest, I believe that we have played some great football this season and we have to continue to improve the way we play and focus on that."
Folan makes a Rapids exit
Former Ireland man Caleb Folan (pictured) could end up back in the English leagues after severing his ties with MLS side Colorado Rapids -- and that could see the 29-year-old make a late bid to force his way into the Ireland squad for the Euro 2012 finals, writes Aidan Fitzmaurice.
The striker joined the Rapids 12 months ago from Hull City and enjoyed some success in the USA, scoring six goals in 26 games for the Denver-based club.
But Folan, who was last week linked with a move to Greek side Panionios, has decided to quit the club, which could lead to a return to England. The Premier League transfer window has closed but Folan could still end up in the Championship.
"We would like to thank Caleb for his service to the Rapids, and wish him the best moving forward," said Rapids technical director Paul Bravo. "This will allow us the ability to bring in other players ahead of the season, in positions where we have greater need."
Folan made his Ireland debut under Giovanni Trapattoni against Cyprus in 2008 and went on to win seven caps, his last appearance coming against South Africa in Limerick in 2009.
Pizarro: I rejected Juventus
Manchester City's loan signing David Pizarro has revealed he turned down Juventus to play under Roberto Mancini again.
The 32-year-old Roma midfielder completed a deal to join the Premier League leaders until the end of the season just before Tuesday's transfer deadline.
The former Chile international had attracted interest from elsewhere, but a late approach from Mancini, under whom he won a Serie A title at Inter Milan in 2006, was too tempting.
Pizarro said: "Mr Mancini played a big part in this. I already had quite an advanced agreement with Juventus but when they told me about Manchester City's concrete interest, I liked the idea more."