Dirk Kuyt has backed Brendan Rodgers to bring the glory days back to Liverpool -- even if he will have no part in the new manager's Anfield revolution.
The Holland striker has joined Turkish giants Fenerbahce on a three-year deal, ending his six-year stay on Merseyside.
The 31-year-old found first-team starts limited under Kenny Dalglish last season, and even the Scot's departure could not stop him leaving.
"I think it's great for the club that they have finally announced the new manager," Kuyt told Liverpool's official website.
"From what I have heard from (Swansea goalkeeper) Michel Vorm, who is with me in the national team, he is a great manager and he told me he will be perfect for Liverpool and he will definitely lift the club up to a higher state."
Kuyt insisted the appointment of former Swansea boss Rodgers on Friday was not a factor in his decision to leave.
"I would also like to say my decision to leave Liverpool was nothing to do with the new manager coming in whatsoever," he added.
"I just had the feeling that I had to go somewhere else for a new experience after six years.
"I made the decision but it's not about the new manager. I have great memories from my experience with the club.
"From the bottom of my heart I wish them all the best, wish the new manager all the best and I hope they will be very successful."
Kuyt, who had a year to run on his Anfield contract, had been expected to leave Merseyside this summer after a season in which he scored just two Premier League goals.
Fenerbahce offered the chance of Champions League football next season. The Istanbul giants will enter the preliminary round of the competition.
A delegation from the Turkish club travelled to Amsterdam to seal the deal.
The Dutchman said: "I had interest from several clubs in Europe and once Fenerbahce came in for me, with the ambition they have as a club, and also by showing how much they wanted me, for me it was an easy decision to make."
The Dutchman scored 71 goals in 285 games for the Reds.