herald

Thursday 14 December 2017

Hull's Bruce dismisses link with Fulham as 'rubbish journalism'

Steve Bruce
Steve Bruce

Hull boss Steve Bruce has ridiculed reports linking him with a summer move to Fulham.

Bruce (right) has grown used to hints of his impending departure from the KC Stadium having been strongly tipped to succeed Alan Pardew at Newcastle earlier this season.

And just last week Bruce was fielding questions about his future in charge of the Tigers after a 3-0 home loss to Newcastle dumped them in the relegation zone.

With his mind firmly on tonight's crucial home clash with Aston Villa, Bruce is determined to give short shrift to the latest suggestions and said they were disrespectful to current Cottagers boss Kit Symons.

Bruce said: "I was getting the sack the day before, and then Fulham want me.

"Unfortunately with the media today I can't do anything about it. The biggest problem I've got with the whole thing is they've got a manager in situ at Fulham and I've got huge respect for Kit who is new to the job.

"I can't comment on it because if I comment on it it just fuels it even more, and as far as I'm concerned it's rubbish journalism."

Saturday's 1-1 draw at Manchester City has provided a timely confidence boost to the Tigers camp and Bruce knows the next month could shape the club's top-flight future.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News