Howe reassures Arter and shrugs off Chelsea talk
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe is not about to let rumours over what might happen at Chelsea distract him from getting on with his own job, and has backed his out-of-favour Irish midfielder Harry Arter.
With Chelsea boss Antonio Conte seeing his position under the spotlight, Howe has been backed in some quarters to replace the Italian should the Blues make a change in the dugout.
With another testing match coming up at relegation-battlers Huddersfield on Sunday, Howe is not about to let anything distract his focus from staying in the top half of the table. "I don't know anything about Chelsea and how they work to be honest, so that is a very difficult one for me to answer," Howe said, when quizzed about whether what goes on at Chelsea would be the complete opposite to how he works now.
"I think everyone knows my focus is always on the next training session (with Bournemouth).
"What other people say, whether it is good or bad, I try and give it little relevance to how I think."
Given Bournemouth's solid recent form, which is in stark contrast to earlier in the campaign, Arter has found it difficult to break back into the regular starting XI.
"My job is to pick what I believe is the best team to win the next game and that's what I do," Howe said.
"Harry's job is to try and get in that team - that is how it should work.
"He signed a four-year contract in the summer and that showed our faith in the player and what we think of him, so from my perspective that contract runs for four years."