Cesc: It's not Fab' being an understudy to Jorginho
Cesc Fabregas admits he's frustrated by his peripheral role at Chelsea.
But playmaker Fabregas, 31, says he won't moan about being a back-up choice for Blues boss Maurizio Sarri.
The Spaniard, who's won two Premier League titles since joining Chelsea in 2014, said: "I know what my role is. Unfortunately it's not the one I want.
"It's a difficult situation for me, obviously. I'm playing the cups and the Europa League.
"I'm not someone who you'll see complaining or not giving his all because of that. I'll always be there showing my face when needed."
Fabregas, whose only Premier League start this season came in last week's defeat at Wolves, is called a leader and key player by Sarri.
The ex-Barcelona and Arsenal midfielder is out of contract next summer and has been linked with AC Milan. He's free to sign a pre-contract agreement with foreign clubs from January 1.
Sarri, who takes Chelsea to Brighton tomorrow, said Chelsea's long-standing policy of one-year deals for players aged over 30 was a stumbling block. The Italian also expressed his wish for Fabregas to stay, even though Jorginho is preferred in the position, saying: "It's very difficult to find a central midfielder technically like Fabregas."
Asked if Sarri's comments made any difference to his future, Fabregas added: "We will see what happens. It's too early to talk about it."
Fabregas' seventh start of the season came in Chelsea's 2-2 Europa League draw with Vidi of Hungary.
He found Thursday's game difficult, adding: "We changed the whole team again, terrible pitch and the referee was the worst I've ever seen. A disaster.''