herald

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Model suing Fevola over saucy photo

BRISBANE Lions coach Michael Voss has accepted controversial recruit Brendan Fevola's explanation that he hasn't sent a compromising photo of model Lara Bingle to anyone recently.

Bingle is set to take legal action against the footballer after a nude photo of her was made public. The picture, allegedly taken several years ago by Fevola while the pair were having a secret affair, was published in Woman's Day magazine.

Former Carlton star Fevola was off-loaded by the Blues to Brisbane late last year following his drunken Brownlow Medal antics.

Voss said the latest off-field drama had "knocked the stuffing" out of the full-forward at a time he felt he'd got his career back on track.

But he said he had accepted Fevola's explanation that he hasn't sent a compromising photo of model Lara Bingle in recent times.

Fevola and Bingle were involved in a brief affair that started in September 2006. In 2007, Bingle confirmed they had been lovers for five weeks the previous year.

She claimed she didn't know Fevola was married and ended the affair as soon as she became aware of his wife and family.

Bingle has been plagued with racy pictures from her past. Several years ago nude shots of her appeared on GQ's German website.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News