IRISH tennis star Conor Niland admitted he would find it hard to watch the man who beat him at Wimbledon take on Roger Federer.
The 29-year-old Limerick man returned home last night for a well earned rest after a gruelling month's tennis.
Conor revealed he is focussing on recovering from a hip injury which he sustained before his heartbreaking first round defeat at Wimbledon.
"I'll need to get treatment on it. It didn't affect me playing, I took some anti-inflammatories, but I do want to get treatment for it," he said.
Had Conor beaten Frenchman Adrian Mannarino on Tuesday, he would have played tennis legend Federer in the next round. He admitted that it would be a tough task to bring himself to watch the Federer-Mannarino match.
"I don't know if I'll be tuning into that game. It's not like I'll be avoiding Wimbledon or anything. It will be all over the TV so you can't really avoid it," he said.
Conor caught an evening flight yesterday to Dublin.
Over the next few days, he will be putting his feet up in Dublin and will also spend time with family and friends.
"I'm going to rest the body -- the batteries need to be recharged. I've been on the go for the last month so I need the break," Conor said.
His next appearance on the tennis court could be in the Davis Cup next month.