Week 9: David Gillick's recipe of the week: Chicken, Quinoa & Mango Salad
Here's a healthy and quick dish to make for dinner
Ingredients Per person
1 medium chicken breast
1 mango chopped
Half a red pepper chopped
Half a red onion, peeled and chopped
1 handful of mixed lettuce leaves
1 handful of fresh mint, chopped
Juice of half a lemon
15g chopped cashew nuts
1. Boil quinoa in water for 10 minutes until all water has been absorbed and the quinoa has puffed.
2. Melt coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook through.
3. To cut the mango, run a knife from the top into the middle and around the stone to the bottom.
4. Take the cut piece and, with the flesh pointing upwards, slice the segment from top to bottom and left to right, do not pierce all the way through. Using your hands, push on the skin side and the flesh part will flare out and become easy to cut from skin.
5. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl (except chicken) and add the lemon juice over. Slice up the chicken, mix through and sprinkle with chopped cashew nuts.