McCrystal hard to catch in Road Series
The Cycling Ireland National Road Series resumes today, kicking off a double-bill of counting rounds in a busy weekend of top flight domestic racing.
Today, the action shifts to Ulster for the Bobby Crilly Classic event which will take place on the roads of Antrim, including its unique mountain top finish at the summit of the Black Mountain service road.
The event sees the series reach round 10 in the 16 round series, with riders having to record their best 5 scores but must compete in 3 Provinces.
Tomorrow will see the series move west to Connacht for the Donamon GP in Castlecoote, Roscommon
Sitting at the top of the table is Leinster man Bryan McCrystal from Dundalk whose best five scores total 267, thanks to consistent performances across the country.
Cycling Ireland National Series standings after 9 rounds: 1. Bryan McCrystal 267, 2. Seán Lacey 205, 3. Alastair Macaulay 141, 4. Patrick Clarke 129, 5. Christopher Reilly 123.
Remaining series rounds -
10. Bobby Crilly Classic. Saturday 13th June.Ulster
11. Donamon GP. Sunday 14th June.Connacht.
12. Eddie Tobin Memorial.Sunday 5th July.Leinster
13. Tralee Manor West GPSunday 12th July.Munster
14. Dan O`Donnovan Memorial.Sunday 9th August.Munster
15. John Beggs Memorial.Saturday 15th August.Ulster
16. Noth Down GP.Sunday 23rd August.Ulster