Trainer Philip Fenton has made entries for Fairyhouse at the weekend after yesterday lodging an appeal against the severity of the three-year ban he was given by the Turf Club on Saturday morning.
Fenton was due to be banned from training racehorses for that three-year period beginning at midnight on Friday, with his ban extending to the entire horseracing environment from March 1st.
However, Fenton has entered four-year-old Akito in the bumper on both Saturday and Sunday as he can continue to conduct his business pending his appeal.
Turf Club spokesperson Cliff Noone said: "He has lodged an appeal against the severity of the penalty. No date has been set for the appeal hearing.
"The Turf Club will release the full text of Saturday's referral hearing tomorrow morning."
Fenton's last runner on the track was Ange D'Or Javilex who finished third behind Douvan at Gowran Park on Saturday, while at Lingstown point-to-point in Wexford on Sunday he sent out the winner of the four-year-old maiden when Highway Storm made a winning debut by making all and battling hard to oblige.
Fenton was given his three-year ban after after the Turf Club carried out their own inquiry following the Grade One winning trainer being found guilty of possessing anabolic steroids and other banned substances at a district court hearing in Carrick-on-Suir last month.
He said on Saturday: "We got a very fair hearing from the Turf Club today."