Monday still D-Day for Kauto Star
KAUTO STAR will gallop this evening after racing at Wincanton alongside stablemate Mon Parrain.
However, a decision on his participation in the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup will be made on Monday, said his owner Clive Smith.
Following his fall while schooling, there has been much focus on the legendary chaser's progress. Noises emanating from Paul Nicholls' Ditcheat base have been far more positive. Smith believes the 12-year-old is "nearly there", but no decision will be made today.
"The decision on whether he runs or not will be made on Monday, not Friday," said Smith.