herald

Monday 11 December 2017

Martin mulls over Bog plan

TONY MARTIN is no hurry to commit Bog Warrior to Cheltenham following his all-the-way win at Naas on Saturday.

The County Meath trainer reported the eight-year-old, owned by Gigginstown House Stud, to be a little stiff and sore after his 11-length success over Slieveardagh in the Opera Hat Chase.

Bog Warrior, who holds entries in the Arkle Trophy, RSA and Jewson Novices' Chases at next month's Festival, was bouncing back after a fall at Leopardstown over Christmas.

"He knows he's had a race. He's a bit stiff and sore but hopefully he'll be all right in a week or so," said Martin.

"He pulled out a little stiff, but he should be grand in a few days.

"I've no thoughts about Cheltenham yet. We'll see how he is in a week or so and let him get over Saturday's race before we think about that."

Sivola's ruled out for a year

Grade One winner Reve de Sivola is set to be sidelined for 12 months after suffering a tendon injury.

The seven-year-old, who won the Champion Novice Hurdle at Punchestown in May 2010, had been seen as a possible runner at next month's Cheltenham Festival after finishing third to The Minack at Ascot in December.

However, owner Paul Duffy said he had suffered an injury that will keep out for a year.

"It's not as serious as some tendon injuries, but we won't see him on the track for a year," he said.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News