herald

Sunday 17 December 2017

Youth on stun gun charge

A JUDGE has held that a youth's prosecution for using an electronic stun gun during a row is too serious to be dealt with in the Children's Court.

Judge Clare Leonard said "having it is one thing, using it in these circumstances is another" and held that the case should be sent forward to the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court, which has wider sentencing powers.

The 17-year-old boy is charged with possessing the weapon and producing it during the course of a dispute, in south Dublin, on a date in February last year.



Lawyer's client loses court bid

A CLIENT of former solicitor Thomas Byrne has failed to get legal costs relating to his efforts to recover title documents to his home which the rogue lawyer fraudulently used to obtain mortgages from two banks.

Dermot Naughton was a "completely innocent" victim of Mr Byrne's fraudulent behaviour, High Court President Mr Justice Nicholas Kearns said.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News