Sunday 17 December 2017

The most dangerous crime boss to walk the streets of Limerick

WAYNE Dundon (36) is a killing machine.

He doesn't smoke, drink or take drugs - neither does his murdering brother John.

His gang - most of whom are in prison - deal in narcotics and firearms and were regarded as the most feared in the country.

An informed source, who has been dealing with the Dundons for more than a decade, yesterday summed up Wayne.

"He is a ruthless killing machine. That is exactly what he was built for."

Born on March 18, 1978, Wayne is the eldest of four criminal brothers. John and Dessie are convicted murderers while youngest brother Ger was released from prison earlier this year. He was jailed for violent disorder as part of an extortion campaign against a Limerick nightclub promoter

Their father, Kenneth Dundon, is also a convicted killer.

A self-proclaimed traveller, Wayne is married to Anne Casey and they have three children. He has 41 criminal convictions recorded here and eight in the UK.

In 2012, Wayne (33) was found guilty of threatening to kill April Collins' brothers; Gareth and Jimmy Junior. April is the previous partner of Ger Dundon. He made the death threats six months after he was released from prison for threatening to kill barman, Ryan Lee - the adopted son of Steve Collins.


On December 19, 2004, Wayne Dundon dropped off his sister, Annabel (14) to the door of Brannigan's bar in the city. Steve Collins ran the busy pub and Ryan Lee refused Annabel admittance while Wayne unsuccessfully remonstrated.

However, he cocked his fingers in the shape of a gun, pushed it against Lee's face and warned: 'F**k you, you're dead'.

Lee was shot by a gunman wearing a motorcycle helmet later that night.

Wayne Dundon was arrested and assaulted two detectives in the interview room, leaving one with a broken jaw. He was convicted of threatening to kill Lee.

Dundon left school at 16. He was considered to be so violent by UK authorities that he was served with a deportation order from the British Home Office following a litany of serious crimes and returned to his parents' home city - Limerick - in 2000.

Shortly after their return to the Hyde Road area of the city, Wayne threw a pillar cap at gardai. One officer - Det Gda Pat Cox - suffered extensive injuries and never returned to work.


Promoted articles

Entertainment News