A 17-year-old boy who is one of three people charged with the murder of a Polish national in Dublin has been freed on bail.
Lukasz Rzeszutko (27), who had been on his way to work at a fish processing plant, was attacked at the Newtown Industrial Estate, in Coolock, north Dublin, in the early hours of October 2 last.
He was found on a road at around 5am with serious head injuries and died two days later at Beaumont Hospital.
The north Dublin teenager, who cannot be identified because he is a juvenile, was charged last Friday with murdering Mr Rzeszutko and was remanded in custody to appear again yesterday at the Dublin Children's Court.
On Wednesday last, his mother had been approved by the court to stand bail for her son and act as an independent surety in the sum of €10,000.
Yesterday the boy, who was dressed in a pullover and jeans, made his second court appearance since being charged.
Judge Clare Leonard was told that the State was seeking four weeks to prepare the book of evidence in the case. Defence solicitor Matthew Kenny said there was consent to the adjournment. The teenager, who remained silent during the case to which he had been accompanied by his parents, was remanded on bail to appear again on February 10.
He has been ordered to sign on at his local garda station, obey a curfew and not associate with his co-defendants or interfere with witnesses.
Co-defendants Martin Morgan (20) of Tonlegee Road, in Raheny, and Edward Byrne (20), from Coolock, but who had an address at a YMCA hostel in Dublin 8, were also charged at the Dublin District Court last Friday with Mr Rzeszutko's murder and are due to appear in court today.