herald

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Teen accused of phone robbery and assault

Kadesh Tracey. Photo: Doug O'Connor
Kadesh Tracey. Photo: Doug O'Connor

THIS is the teenager accused of seriously assaulting a young man and robbing his mobile phone during an incident in west Dublin.

It is alleged that Kadesh Tracey (18) was present when a co-accused produced a blade and took a young man's mobile phone, worth €500, in what gardai described as a "random attack".

A court previously heard Mr Tracey and another teenager allegedly ran away with the phone, which his accomplice then tried to discard.

Judge David McHugh adjourned the matter for one week for DPP's directions on the charges.

Mr Tracey, of Hazel Grove, Portrane Road in Donabate, appeared before Blanchardstown District Court charged with robbery of a Samsung Galaxy mobile phone at Coolmine Road, Dublin 15 on May 18 last.

Mr Tracey is also accused of seriously assaulting a man at the same time and place.

Garda Conor Leen previously said it will be claimed Mr Tracey's co-accused produced a blade and took a young man's mobile phone.

Gda Leen claimed the victim's girlfriend's parents followed Mr Tracey and his accomplice, who was allegedly seen trying to discard the mobile phone.

Gda Leen also claimed the accused were caught on CCTV.

Sergeant Mary Doherty said DPP's directions will be available next week and Mr Tracey consented to an adjournment.

As part of his bail conditions, Mr Tracey must stay away from any witnesses in the case.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News