Suspect in Toyosi killing is found dead
A 40-YEAR-OLD Dublin man who was due to stand trial for the murder of a 15-year-old boy has died.
Paul Barry, of Pearse Street, was due to appear before Dublin Central Criminal Court today to face the murder charge.
A trial date was expected to be fixed at the court hearing.
However, it is understood that his body was discovered at a property in the city early this morning.
It is understood Mr Brarry was close to a 20-year-old nephew of his who had died on Saturday morning.
Mr Barry had been charged in September of last year with the murder of Toyosi Shittabey, who was killed in west Dublin in April, 2010.
The young footballer died |as a result of knife wounds |following an altercation just a few hundred yards from his home in the Mount Eustace estate in Tyrrelstown.
Mr Barry was arrested in the aftermath of the incident and was originally charged with the manslaughter of Toyosi.
But the charge was later |upgraded to murder.
In the Central Criminal Court this morning, Brendan Grehan for the prosecution told Mr |Justice Paul Carney that there had been “developments” in the case this morning.
Patrick Gageby, for Mr Barry, said: “Paul Barry was taken to hospital this morning and I am instructed that he is deceased”.
Mr Gageby said this was “only word of mouth at the moment” but said he had also been told by the Gardai that Paul Barry was deceased.