Superfan fears he won't see idol Garth
YOung Cameron Cloke (10) is perhaps Ireland's most famous and enthusiastic Garth Brooks fan.
A heart-warming video of the young boy (below) went viral earlier this year when his parents posted his epic reaction to discovering they had secured tickets for the country crooner's Croke Park Sunday night gig.
Amid fears last night that all five concerts are under threat, Cameron told the Herald:"I really hope it doesn't get cancelled. I'll be really upset if it does and there will be a lot of tears".
Cameron's mum Donna-Marie is a country music singer herself, and her son has grown up listening to Brook's classic hits.
"I'm a really big fan and this is probably the only time such a huge star will come to Ireland," said the confident Wexford lad who isn't giving up hope of hearing the hits live in Croker this month.
His dad Michael desperately hopes is son is right, saying: "There is so much speculation about whether even the three dates will go ahead. As long as my son gets to see him and he is happy, I'll be happy."
Meanwhile, super fan Carole McDonald (above), who was due to attend the Monday night concert, said she is "absolutely gutted" to miss out on the chance to see the country music icon. "I'm just distraught at the moment, to be honest I cried on hearing the news," she said.
The Louth native said she saw the star at previous Irish concerts at the Point Depot.
"I even have a letter from Garth thanking me for the Irish-themed gift I sent him after the concert."
Ms McDonald (41), who was planning on accompanying her partner Desmond Byrne to the gig, said while she "respects the residents" she queries the alleged impact of the concerts on the surrounding area.
"At the end of the day the majority of people going to the concerts are adults and I couldn't imagine it turning into a big drinking session, it being a country music event after all," she said.
Séamus McLaughlin (right), from Dunloy, Co Antrim, feels deeply disappointed by the council decision.
"I camped out overnight in Belfast to be sure of getting a ticket for the Monday night. That was back in February and it was freezing, but I thought it would be worth it," the 21-year-old said.
Mr McLaughlin described the long-running dispute as a "shambles" and said "it's unbelievable that 160,000 people would be let down in this way".