While there were early reports that Gaddafi's son and one-time heir apparent was at large near the city of Bani Walid, the interim Justice Minister said he had been captured, shot in the leg and hospitalised while trying to flee Sirte. But previous reports of his capture soon after the rebels took Tripoli turned out to be false.
The interim information minister said that Gaddafi's fourth son -- and the ousted regime's national security adviser -- had been hiding out with his father and was killed during the final assault on Sirte. A video was released purporting to show his corpse on a gurney. Gaddafi's Defence Minister, Abu Bakr Yunis, was reportedly killed with him.
Khamis Gaddafi, second from top:
The latest report on a pro-Gaddafi TV station on Tuesday said the youngest child of Gaddafi -- a commander of an elite military unit -- had been killed in August by rebel forces. Gaddafi's second-youngest son, Saif al-Arab, was killed early in the Nato bombing; his four other children are at large.
Abdullah al-Senussi, third from top:
Reports say the intelligence chief wanted by The Hague for war-crimes charges was among loyalists fleeing in the same convoy as Gaddafi. One NTC official said he was killed.
Moussa Ibrahim, bottom:
Gaddafi's spokesman had fled Tripoli with his German wife and child. Unconfirmed reports said the former Minister of Information had been captured alive near Sirte.