“In life she was bound for stardom, in death she has taken her rightful place in the heavens above” – These are the words of the heartbroken mother of Ana Hick who paid tribute to her tragic daughter one month after her death.
Ana (18) from Dalkey, south County Dublin, died in May after she collapsed outside a Dublin nightclub. It is believed she may have taken ecstasy pills.
One month later, her mother Elga Hick shared memories of her late daughter in an online tribute.
Ana dreamed of becoming an actress (Photo: Facebook)
She wrote: “Today I pay respect to a beautiful girl. One who made us laugh out loud and sing to our hearts content.
“In life she was bound for stardom and in death she has taken her rightful place in the heavens above.
“She has a twinkle and a sparkle for all who look up to admire her and she will shine bright like a diamond, “ she continued.
“I pay respect to my beautiful daughter Ana Hick who will always be with me. I love you baby girl.
“One month today...”
Ana Hick pictured as a young girl with her mother Elga (Photo: Facebook/Elga Hick)
Elga accompanied her poignant words with a collection of photographs of her daughter Ana.
One image showed Ana as a young girl on her mother’s back. Her mum Elga grins at the camera, while her fun-loving daughter pulls a funny face.
Elga also shared several photos from Ana’s debs ball. Dressed in a long, white gown, the 18-year-old posed for the camera and was pictured enjoying the night with friends.
The heartbroken mother also posted photographs of the young actress on stage she received from the Irish Film Academy, and thanked the academy for their support.
Ana Hick on her debs night (Photo: Facebook/Elga Hick)
“Thank you so much for these wonderful photos of Ana doing what she loved best in the Irish Film Academy,” Elga wrote.
“Thank you and her class mates and all her mentors for the love you all gave my little star and for believing in her.
“She was so happy in the academy and in the right place for a bright future.”
Ana fell ill outside the Twisted Pepper nightclub while on a night out with friends in the capital.
It later emerged that six other people who were in the same club were hospitalised after taking ecstasy on the same night that she fell ill.
The six young people have since fully recovered.