| -0.5°C Dublin

Rob and fellow stars in relaxed mood on Sunday stroll after Aussie victory

IF it was a late night for the Irish rugby team after their victory over Australia on Saturday, it didn't show as players and their other halves checked out of the Shelbourne hotel early yesterday.

The team gathered at the St Stephen's Green hotel, their usual pre-match home, ahead of the game which saw them beat the Wallabies to claim a clean sweep in the November series.

Full back Rob Kearney made a rare public appearance with his stunning girlfriend Jess Reddin. As first revealed in the Herald, the rugby star has been dating the 21-year old blonde for around a year but the loved-up pair had been keeping their relationship under wraps.


Yesterday the smitten star looked delighted to show off his other half, who looked chic dressed in white skinny jeans and a royal blue shirt.

Hearts around the country were left broken when it emerged that Ireland's most eligible rugby bachelor had been spotted around the capital with the former Alexandra College student.

As they stepped into a brand new €50,000 Audi A5, the pair seemed unconcerned about finally going public with their romance.

Previously the star dated Footballer's Wives actress Susie Amy (33) for three years.

Tommy Bowe and his fiancee, former Miss Wales Lucy Whitehouse, took advantage of the winter sun for a stroll through the city centre.

The winger displayed the bruises and cuts of the battle against the Australians with ruck and mauling marks all over his legs.

Meanwhile, Jamie Heaslip and his girlfriend Sheena O'Buachalla opted to stop by Brown Thomas for some post-match retail therapy.

On Sunday afternoon another group of players and their other halves went to The Bridge bar in Ballsbridge.

It seems the newly-opened pub, co-owned by Heaslip, Sean O'Brien and brothers Rob and Dave Kearney, is living up to expectations that it would become the city's hotspot for rugby fans.

Meanwhile, for coach Joe Schmidt, celebrations were cut short when he was rushed to hospital for an emergency operation after the game.

The rugby boss underwent surgery to have his appendix removed and in a statement the IRFU said he was recovering well.