Oprah's Irish chef Stuart dumped from TV3's spring menu
HE went down a treat with Oprah - but apparently Tipperary chef Stuart O'Keeffe wasn't good enough for TV3's latest line-up.
The 29-year-old, who enjoyed success last year with his six-episode culinary show Stuart's Kitchen, has been left out of the Ballymount station's spring schedule.
Herald columnist Stuart, who soared to fame after landing a spot on the chat queen's TV channel OWN, was nowhere to be seen at the TV3 launch of their latest list of programmes last week and has not been signed up for the spring calendar.
But insiders say TV3 execs have not given up on the culinary king and that they are hoping to have a project for him "down the road".
A source said the station is hoping for a return series later this year.
"Stuart was filming in America and couldn't get here at all. He's not in the spring schedule but we still have big plans for him. Nothing has been confirmed yet though.
Stuart is based in Los Angeles, where he is enjoying featuring on Oprah's lifestyle project Home Made Simple, as well as working for the Food Network.
"Home Made Simple is basically a range of experts going into people's homes to do a full makeover of their lives," he told the Herald.
"I'm in charge of the kitchen aspect, so we do up their kitchen and teach them simple recipes to easy, good food," he said.
"I'm getting more and more recognition over here and I'm hoping for more shows over the next while."
The bachelor - who recently catered for Glee creator Ryan Murphy at his Beverly Hills home over Sunday brunch - is expected to jet back here on February 12 for a short four-day stint to shoot for RTE Two's Republic Of Telly.
He will team up with presenters Dermot Whelan and Jennifer Maguire to record a sketch for the long-running comedy programme.
"I was really excited when I was contacted. I think Jennifer is going to fancy me and then I make her fat by feeding her all my food. It sounds like great craic."