Wednesday 13 December 2017

Mother and baby knifed nine times in party horror

A DUBLIN mother is lucky to be alive after she and her baby were stabbed by another woman in a frenzied attack.

The young victim was knifed nine times as she tried to protect her 18-month-old daughter who was also injured, her family said.

Michelle Moore (18), from Moyclare Close, in Baldoyle, was set upon by a woman during a party at her partner's house in Donnycarney.

Her toddler, Chloe, suffered a cut to the face in the row and had to be treated at Temple Street Hospital.

Michelle's partner, David McSparran (29) was also injured during the attack at the house party in Clanree Road, Donnycarney around midnight last Saturday night. The attacker, a woman in her late teens, also suffered hand injuries when she grabbed the knife blade. She has been quizzed by gardai at Raheny about the attack and a file is now being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Today, Michelle's brother Maurice told of how his sister was lucky to be alive and that she had struggled to protect her toddler daughter Chloe as their attacker lashed out with the knife.


"There had been a party at her partner's house but Michelle wanted them to go because she had Chloe with her," Maurice said.

"But after they were asked to leave, a girl came back and said she had left her phone behind. It appears she got a knife from the kitchen when she came back in and started stabbing Michelle," he added.

"Michelle was stabbed in the head and the chest, and as she crouched down on the floor to protect Chloe, she was stabbed in the abdomen, and Chloe got an 'L' shaped cut to her face," Maurice told the Herald.

"Her partner David was also injured when he came down the stairs to stop the attack. He was stabbed in the stomach," he added.

"Michelle was stabbed nine times and lost a lot of blood. She had surgery for three hours when she was brought to hospital, and she might need more surgery. Chloe had to have a couple of stitches," Maurice said.

Michelle and her partner were rushed to the Mater Hospital while Chloe was taken to Temple Street.

The attacker was also taken to the Mater after suffering injuries to her hands.


Promoted articles

Entertainment News