herald

Saturday 16 December 2017

McIlroy settlement still being worked on

WORK is continuing in drawing up the settlement in golfer Rory McIlroy's legal dispute with his former sports agent, the High Court has heard.

Rossa Fanning BL, for McIlroy (inset), told Mr Justice Brian Cregan the parties were continuing to work towards approving a settlement following an announcement to the court earlier this month that agreement had been reached. The matter could be put back for another week, counsel said

Mr Fanning said this had been agreed with the other side and "I don't think there is any benefit in giving any details at this time".

agent

Mr Justice Cregan adjourned the matter to March 3 for mention.

The Northern Ireland golfer had sued his former agent, Dublin-based Horizon Sports Management Ltd, and two associated special purpose companies, Gurteen Ltd, with a registered address in Malta, and Dublin-based Canovan Management Services.

Mr McIlroy claimed he entered into improvident representation agreements in December 2011 and March 2013.

The defendants denied his claims and counter-claimed.

Mr McIlroy was not in court yesterday, although he had attended what was due to be the first day of the scheduled eight-week hearing which never got underway when talks began.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News