| 5°C Dublin

Man released without charge after being questioned over dad-of-two Vincent's murder


Dad-of-two Vincent Parsons, who was brutally mudered

Dad-of-two Vincent Parsons, who was brutally mudered

Dad-of-two Vincent Parsons, who was brutally mudered

Gardai continue to investigate the murder of father-of-two Vincent Parsons after a 24-year-old man was released without charge following questioning.

Detectives believe at least two people were involved in the brutal assault in Tallaght.

They have been following a definite line of inquiry into the murder and believe the 34-year-old welder was targeted following an argument at a pub near where he was found.


On Wednesday gardai arrested a man in connection with the attack.

However, after being quizzed over the murder, he was released without charge.

Mr Parsons was found with serious head injuries in the Killinarden estate, in Tallaght, at around 11pm on Saturday.

He was unconscious and covered in blood when he was found by a passing member of the public, who alerted emergency services.

Senior investigators said earlier this week that Mr Parsons' injuries were so severe gardai rushed him to hospital themselves instead of waiting for an ambulance.

Following a post-mortem examination, gardai upgraded their investigation to a murder probe.

Supt Ian Lackey, of Tallaght Garda Station, said Mr Parsons, from Clondalkin, suffered horrific injuries after being attacked near the pub.

"The initial findings indicate he met with a very violent death. A lot of people have come forward to date," Supt Lackey said earlier this week.

"There is no indication of weapons being used. We believe at least two people were involved."

More than 50 gardai are now involved in the investigation, Supt Lackey told reporters.

Investigators have been making good progress with their inquiries, which include examining CCTV footage and taking witness statements.

Two suspects have already been identified as part of the investigation.

A number of witnesses have already come forward, but gardai are particularly keen to speak to motorists, taxi drivers or anyone else who was in the vicinity of the Killinarden Inn pub between 10 and 11pm on Saturday.

Gardai in Tallaght are also continuing to appeal for anyone with information or who may have witnessed the assault to contact them.

Officers have also carried out searches of a park close to where Mr Parsons was found unconscious.


The attack was one of two violent incidents in Tallaght last weekend.

On Sunday afternoon, a 33-year-old man was found with serious head injuries in the Cloonmore Green area.

He was taken to Tallaght University Hospital with a suspected bleed to the brain and a punctured lung.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Tallaght Garda Station on 01-6666000 or the Garda Confidential Line, 1800 666 111.