Mago shooting suspect's attack on innocent home
Children have been terrorised in a sinister campaign of gangland violence which is being orchestrated by a 26-year-old thug - who is ordering attacks on a house occupied by a completely innocent family from behind bars.
Sources have revealed that the convicted drug dealer, who is currently based on the Kinahan cartel wing of Mountjoy Prison and was arrested last year by gardai investigating the attempted murder of Hutch mob henchman James 'Mago' Gately, is behind the sick campaign of terror.
The latest shocking incident linked to the "deeply personal dispute" happened at 1.25am on Saturday, when gunshots were fired into the sitting room of a property at Belclare Crescent, Ballymun.
The targeted property was previously the family home of gangland criminal Joe Warren but its current occupants have no involvement in the bitter dispute.
There were four people in the house at the time of the gun attack, including two young children.
Sources said that no one who was in the property has any involvement in the simmering criminal dispute.
The shooting incident happened just five days after a car was destroyed in an arson attack outside the property.
It can be revealed that the thug behind the terror campaign has very close links to a senior Kinahan gangster behind bars.
"It is suspected that these fellas have been working together for what is happening in Ballymun," a source said.
"No arrests have yet been made but this seems to be all part of a deeply entrenched personal dispute."
It is understood that a close associate of Warren's has gone into hiding and is being targeted because of his friendship with a woman. Warren (34) is now under active threat in Wheatfield Prison because of the alleged activities of his pal.
Former soldier Warren was a member of the gang led by Eamon 'The Don' Dunne.
He is in the closing stages of a jail sentence for the attempted robbery of a cash-in-transit van in Celbridge in 2007.
"Joe is very vulnerable in prison right now. Even though he has no involvement in this dispute, he could easily be sliced up because of what his close associate is being blamed for," a source said last night.
The thug who is suspected of being behind the recent Ballymun reign of terror was arrested and questioned last August for two days at Santry Garda Station about the botched hit on 'Mago' Gately, before being released without charge.
He was later remanded in custody in relation to a spate of criminal charges and since then has become a trusted Kinahan cartel member behind bars.
Gately (31) was shot in the neck while sitting in a car at the Topaz garage in Clonshaugh on the afternoon of May 10, 2017.
He spent a number of days being treated in Beaumont Hospital in the aftermath of the feud-related shooting.