| 10.6°C Dublin

Jail for rapper who filmed Holby star's girl dying from drugs


Victim Louella Fletcher-Michie

Victim Louella Fletcher-Michie


Victim Louella Fletcher-Michie

A rapper was jailed for eight-and-a-half years yesterday for the manslaughter of Holby City actor John Michie's daughter, who died after taking a huge dose of a hallucinogenic drug.

Ceon Broughton (30) filmed girlfriend Louella Fletcher-Michie as she died after he "bumped up" her dose of 'party drug' 2-CP.

He was found guilty of being responsible for the 25-year-old's death and guilty of supplying her with the drug before her death at the Bestival music festival in September 2017.

He had previously pleaded guilty to two other charges of supplying drugs to her at Glastonbury in June 2017.

Broughton was in breach of a suspended prison sentence for two charges of possessing a lock knife and a Stanley knife blade.

Miss Fletcher-Michie's father, mother Carol and sister Daisy read emotional victim impact statements.

Mr Michie told Winchester Crown Court: "I wake up every morning to face life starting again with- out Louella, our daugh- ter, our sister, our friend, our family now broken.

"It makes no sense, our beautiful Louella should still be with us on any measure of humanity.

"No more yoga with my daughter, no more running round outside the Arsenal stadium with my daughter, nor more family fun with my daughter, her life cut cruelly short."

The mother, a former singer with Hot Gossip, added: "Having to learn to live with this for the rest of our lives, it's thrown everything I believe in life into question.



Ceon Broughton was jailed for eight-and-a-half years yesterday

Ceon Broughton was jailed for eight-and-a-half years yesterday

Getty Images

Ceon Broughton was jailed for eight-and-a-half years yesterday

"Ceon was stupid, massively selfish and he lied."

Daisy Fletcher- Michie said she had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder following her sister's death.

She said: "Our lives have been torn apart by the actions of someone who was supposed to love Louella, the most-loved person I have known."

Mr Justice Goose told Broughton, of Enfield, London: "You were only concerned for yourself. You didn't want to be arrested. You were more in fear of that than in getting help."

The jury was shown videos taken by the defendant as her condition worsened - and possibly after she had died.

Miss Fletcher-Michie repeatedly shouted at Broughton to phone her mother, but he told her: "Put your phone away."

Her mother eventually contacted Broughton and heard her daughter "screeching" before she rushed with her husband to the festival.

Lawyer Stephen Kamlish read a statement from Broughton saying: "Sorry I didn't do more to save Louella, sorry for the suff- ering I caused."