‘I’ve seen it all now, a Rabbitte chasing a Fox around Croke Park...’ O Muircheartaigh on the microphone
Micheal O Muircheartaigh's most famous quotes:
- "Pat Fox has it on his hurl and is motoring well now...but here comes Joe Rabbitte hot on his tail...I've seen it all now, a Rabbitte chasing a Fox around Croke Park!"
- "Pat Fox out to the 40 and grabs the sliothar, I bought a dog from his father last week. Fox turns and sprints for goal. The dog ran a great race last Tuesday in Limerick. Fox to the 21, fires a shot, it goes to the left and wide...and the dog lost as well."
- "Sean Og O hAilpin....his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji... neither a hurling stronghold."
- "Colin Corkery on the 45 lets go with the right boot. It's over the bar. This man shouldn't be playing football. He's made an almost Lazarus-like recovery from a heart condition. Lazarus was a great man but he couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery."
- "1-5 to 0-8. Well, from Lapland to the Antarctic, that's level scores in any man's language."
- "Teddy McCarthy to John McCarthy, no relation. John McCarthy to Teddy McCarthy, still no relation."
- "I saw a few Sligo people at Mass in Gardiner Street this morning and the omens seem to be good for them, the priest was wearing the same colours as the Sligo jersey! Forty yards out on the Hogan Stand side of the field, Ciaran Whelan goes on a rampage... it's a goal! So much for religion."
- "Anthony Lynch, the Cork corner back, will be the last person to let you down -- his people are undertakers."
- "Dublin have scored two points, one from the hand and one from the land."
- "Setanta O hAilpin....the original Setanta from the old Gaelic stories was 10 foot tall, had 10 fingers on each hand and 10 toes on each foot but even he couldn't be playing better hurling than his namesake today."
- "I see John O'Donnell dispensing water on the sideline. Tipperary, sponsored by a water company. Cork Sponsored by a tae company. I wonder will they meet later for afternoon tae."