herald

Wednesday 22 August 2018

In brief: Ministers back Berlusconi

The Italian parliament rebuffed a request by prosecutors to search some of prime minister Silvio Berlusconi's properties as part of a prostitution probe, giving the embattled leader a much-needed victory.

Milan prosecutors say Mr Berlusconi paid for sex with a minor and then used his office to cover it up. They wanted to search the offices of Berlusconi accountant Giuseppe Spinelli, who allegedly handled payments on behalf of the premier to the minor as well as other payments to a number of young women who attended parties at his villas.



Sheen wants screen return

Charlie Sheen wants to get back to work this month on hit show Two and A Half Men, a spokesman said.

The 45-year-old actor is currently in rehab but hopes to return to TV's top-rated comedy by the end of February, his publicist said.

The series was forced to halt production after Sheen sought treatment for undisclosed reasons following an emergency call and a brief stay at a Los Angeles-area hospital last week.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News