How you can stay safe in the storm
HOUSEHOLDERS have been issued with advice on how to keep safe today during the stormy weather.
1. Be on alert for fallen debris and poor visibility.
2. Watch out for vulnerable road users, especially pedestrians.
3. Use dipped headlights if necessary.
4. Leave extra distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
1. Wrap up warm if attending the Olympic homecoming celebrations in the capital.
2. Be prepared for the dangers of spot flooding.
3. Avoid all exposed coastal and water areas, as advised by the coastguard.