Monday 11 December 2017

Heady heady heady head Head here fow

Former New York investment banker Jason Lee walks into court with his wife, Alicia
Former New York investment banker Jason Lee walks into court with his wife, Alicia

A FORMER Goldman Sachs executive accused of raping an Irish student in the Hamptons had "no injuries" after the alleged attack, a detective has told the second day of his trial in New York.

Detective Ryan Hogan told the Suffolk County Criminal Court that he took photographs of Jason Lee on the afternoon of August 20, 2013, as part of the investigation, to document any injuries.

Detective Hogan of East Hampton Town Police Department said that Mr Lee had a "little cut on his thumb".

When questioned by defence attorney Andrew Lankler whether the cut was "consistent with chewed nails", Mr Hogan agreed, "yes - if you look at my fingernails anyway".


The 37-year-old was arrested at the luxury home he rented with his wife in East Hampton, accused of sexually assaulting a woman in the bathroom while her friend and brother partied nearby.

Mr Lee met the student at local nightclub Georgica, before returning to Lee's $33,000 a month rental property after the bar closed at 4am on the morning of August 20, 2013.

The J1 student, who was 20 at the time, told police that Lee forced his way into the bathroom, pinned her down with his hand over her mouth and raped her.

Mr Lee has pleaded not guilty to rape and assault.

In opening statements, prosecutor Kerriann Kelly said that Mr Lee was "a man who wanted one thing and one thing only - and that was sex and he used her to get it".

It's the prosecution's case that Mr Lee continued his "disgusting attack" until the alleged victim kneed him in the groin.

Police were called to the scene for a separate incident and when they arrived, Ms Kelly claimed that Lee told the arriving officer, "we're good, you can go", before disappearing for two hours until he was discovered hiding in the back seat of his Range Rover.

Lee told police that he had fallen asleep and was drunk and embarrassed but in opening statements on Monday, Ms Kelly claimed that Mr Lee made two phone calls to cab companies, including one that was turned away at the scene by a police officer, as well several calls to the car service Uber and numerous calls to his friend Reme Duncan who was still in the house.

Local taxi dispatcher Yadira Holandes-Vlazques started work at 6am on August 20 and received a call requesting a cab to number One Clover Leaf Lane, to Montauk Surf Lodge.

He testified that the caller was "agitated, he was definitely under stress" and she had asked the driver to get there soon because the caller had said it was an emergency.

She received an "upset" call again a short time later, from a man asking "where the f*ck is my taxi?".

The trial continues.


Promoted articles

Entertainment News