TV presenter Claudia Winkleman's eight-year-old daughter is in hospital after she was burned while celebrating Halloween.
Matilda is thought to have been out trick or treating on Friday night when the accident occurred with a candle.
Winkleman (42) and her husband Kris Thykier issued a statement saying: "Our daughter was involved in an accident on Friday night while celebrating Halloween. She is having the best care possible and we are hopeful of a full recovery.
"We would like to thank everyone that has been so supportive and particularly the NHS doctors, nurses and staff who have been absolutely incredible.
"We would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone taking part in fireworks parties or Guy Fawkes celebrations to be vigilant about the dangers of candles, open fires and fireworks and to please have the appropriate safety measures in place and to hand."
Winkleman missed Strictly Come Dancing at the weekend following the incident.
The presenter was replaced by Zoe Ball when she pulled out of the BBC1 show when it was announced that one of her children had "become ill".
It is not yet known whether she will return to Strictly this weekend.
Winkleman and her film producer husband have three young children - Jake, Arthur and Matilda.
She took over as regular host of Strictly, joining Tess Daly, after Bruce Forsyth bowed out of the show.