Tuesday 28 January 2020

Gardai close in on two men over 'very violent' death of Vincent (34)

A garda search near where Vincent Parsons was found
A garda search near where Vincent Parsons was found

Gardai are investigating if at least two men were involved in the horrific murder of dad-of-two Vincent Parsons.

The 34-year-old was discovered with serious injuries after being attacked in Tallaght on Saturday night.

He was brought to the nearby hospital where he died on Monday evening.

Investigating gardai are following a definite line of inquiry into the murder and believe Mr Parsons was attacked following an argument in a pub.

Detectives are probing if at least two men carried out the serious assault on Mr Parsons, which left him with fatal head injuries.


It is understood gardai have identified both of the suspects and have already taken a cautionary statement from one of the individuals. No arrests have yet been made.

At Tallaght Garda Station yesterday, Chief Superintendent Ian Lackey said the welder from Clondalkin suffered a horrific attack following an altercation at a pub in Tallaght.

Mr Parsons' injuries were so severe that gardai took him to hospital themselves instead of waiting for an ambulance, Chief Supt Lackey said.

Gardai are still awaiting the results of a post-mortem. However, it is clear that the father-of-two suffered severe head injuries, he added.

"The initial findings indicate he met with a very violent death," Supt Lackey said.

Vincent Parsons
Vincent Parsons

"A lot of people have come forward to date," he said of the witnesses gardai have interviewed so far.

"There is no indication of weapons being used. We believe at least two people were involved."

More than 50 gardai are now involved in the investigation, he said.

A number of witnesses have already come forward, but gardai are particularly keen to speak to motorists, taxi drivers or anyone else who was in the vicinity of the Killinarden Inn pub between 10pm and 11pm on Saturday, Chief Supt Lackey said.

Local gardai in Tallaght are continuing to appeal for anyone with information or who may have witnessed the assault to contact them.

Mr Parsons was unconscious and covered in blood when he was found at around 11pm in the Killinarden estate by a member of the public who alerted emergency services.

Gardai arrived and rushed Mr Parsons to Tallaght University Hospital in their patrol car, but he lost his fight for two days later.

The killing of the married father, who lived in Clondalkin, was upgraded to a murder investigation.

Gardai have also searched a park close to where Mr Parsons was discovered as part of their investigation.

The fatal attack was one of two in Tallaght over the weekend.


On Sunday afternoon, a 33-year-old man was found with serious head injuries in the Cloonmore Green area.

He was brought to Tallaght University Hospital with a suspected bleed to the brain and a punctured lung.

Gardai believe that the man was assaulted with a weapon, possibly a piece of timber.

This assault is not believed to be connected to the earlier fatal assault on Mr Parsons.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News