Tuesday 22 January 2019

First pictures of feared thug Alan Wilson after his release from prison

These are the exclusive images that show feared thug Alan Wilson back on the streets of Dublin last week - after being released from prison.

The nephew of Martin 'The General' Cahill was released from Mountjoy Prison earlier this month after his conviction for a meat cleaver attack on a man during a burglary was overturned by the Supreme Court.

Wilson was previously acquitted by a jury of the murder of young Roma woman Marioara Rostas in July 2014.

Solicitor Herbert Kilcline, who helped bring the unsuccessful charges against him for the 2008 murder of the teenager, said he is now living in fear for his life following Wilson's release and said he has been advised of fresh concerns for his safety.


"Gardai called and asked me to come into Rathmines Garda Station the day after Alan was released," Mr Kilcline said.

"I am one of a number of people Wilson holds responsible for his being charged with Marioara's murder. The fact that he was acquitted doesn't change that," he said.

"After he was released, I was called into the Rathmines station and briefed by crime prevention officers on my personal safety. They said, while they would be watching him very closely, I shouldn't sleep in the same house more than two nights in a row and that I should vary my route to work," he told the Sunday World.

"I live in daily fear of a bullet and, to be honest, I don't know how long I will survive," he added.

Marioara Rostas (18) went missing while begging in Dublin's north inner city on January 6, 2008. She had only been in Ireland for 18 days when she disappeared.

The prosecution failed to convince the jury that she had got into a car with Wilson and was taken back to a house on Brabazon Street, close to Dublin's Coombe Hospital. It was claimed she was assaulted and shot four times in the head.

It was argued that her remains were then driven to the mountains at Kippure on the Dublin-Wicklow border.

The prosecution's case relied almost entirely on the word of convicted criminal Fergus O'Hanlon, who was in a relationship with Wilson's sister and living with her and their child in the house on Brabazon Street at the time.

O'Hanlon, who had been granted immunity from prosecution, told the trial that he arrived home on January 8, 2008, to find a girl dead in the house and Wilson holding a gun.


He said he helped his friend bury her body and clean up the scene, saying it was a case of "damned if you do and dead if you don't".

Wilson and former friend O'Hanlon had been arrested in October 2008 and questioned about the murder. However, no progress was made in the investigation until late 2011.

O'Hanlon then told gardai he could help locate the body and give information about the crime. The jury ultimately found in Wilson's favour and returned a verdict of not guilty.

Mr Kilcline said he believes it was his role in convincing Wilson's former friend, O'Hanlon, to give evidence against him that has now put him at risk.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News