Former RTÉ producer Kieran Creaven, who has been charged with 17 child abuse offences in Ireland and outside the State, has been unable to take up bail.
The 58-year-old was arrested last week at his home on Adel-aide Street, Dún Laoghaire.
Conditional bail in his own bond of €500 with a requirement for a €10,000 independent surety had been set on October 1.
Mr Creaven faced his second hearing when he appeared before Cloverhill District Court yesterday. He was still in custody.
Judge Victor Blake noted the Director of Public Prosecutions has directed trial on indictment and a book of evidence needed to be completed.
Detective Garda Johanna Doyle, who is attached to the Online Child Exploitation Unit, has sent the file to the DPP, a state solicitor said.
It was a "large and significant file" and the case was at stage one, the prosecution said.
Defence counsel Sharon Rossiter told the court there was consent to a four-week adjournment.
Mr Creaven did not address the court, but spoke briefly with his barrister.
Judge Blake remanded the unemployed former broadcaster in continuing custody with consent to bail to appear again on November 4 for a book of evidence to be served.
Mr Creaven's charges are:
Two counts of sexual assault of a child outside the State in 2014.
Three counts of sexual exploitation of a child outside the State in 2014.
Three counts of sexually exploiting a child in Ireland in 2017.
Five counts of possessing child pornography in 2017.
Four counts of using IT and communication technology for the purpose of facilitating child sexual exploitation, inside and outside of the State, in 2017.
Some of the charges carry a possible life sentence.
He has not yet indicated how he will plead.
At the first hearing, Det Gda Doyle said it was alleged that a search was carried out at Mr Creaven's home in November 2017, which resulted in the discovery of pictures and videos of children.Devices
A large number of electronic devices were seized.
His solicitor had said it could be difficult for him to find someone to act as a surety.
If bail is taken up, he must sign on daily at Dún Laoghaire garda station between 9am and 9pm.
He must "not use any social media platform, in particular Facebook and Skype".
He has to surrender his passport within 48 hours of taking up bail and notify gardaí of any change of address.