herald

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Warning to accused on rape charges

A DUBLIN man accused of raping and sexually assaulting a woman over a six-year period has been sent forward for trial to the Central Criminal Court.

The man, who is in his 40s, has been ordered to stay away from the alleged victim and her family.

The defendant appeared before Dun Laoghaire District Court charged with 27 counts of sexually assaulting the woman.

The alleged incidents took place between 1991 and the end of 1996 at various unknown locations in Dublin and at an address in the south of the city.

The defendant is also accused of raping the woman at his home in south Dublin in 1997.



address

The court heard that the DPP had directed trial on indictment in relation to the charges.

The State solicitor said the book of evidence was ready and had been served on the defendant, who goes forward to the present sittings of the Central Criminal Court.

The defendant said "yes" when asked if he understood the alibi caution.

Judge Ryan remanded the man on bail in his own bond of €500.

The judge ordered that the defendant must live at an agreed address in south Dublin and must sign on twice a week at his local garda station.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News