A teenager has been sent for trial charged with multiple counts of reckless endangerment and dangerous driving on the M50.
Lee McMullen (19) had a book of evidence served on him at Blanchardstown District Court.
He is charged with three counts of endangerment and five of dangerous driving in an incident on the motorway last July 31.
According to the charges, he intentionally or recklessly drove eastbound in the westbound lane, directly at oncoming traffic, in a manner that created a substantial risk of death or serious harm to another.
It is alleged these offences happened at Junction 6 in Leixlip, Co Kildare, and Junctions 4 and 5 in Lucan.
The dangerous driving charges relate to alleged offences at various locations in Lucan and Celbridge, Co Kildare.
A state solicitor said a book of evidence was ready and was served on Mr McMullen, of Rowlagh Gardens, Clondalkin.
He had been charged with six counts of dangerous driving but one of these was withdrawn.
The solicitor said the DPP consented to the accused being sent forward for trial on the remaining eight charges.
Judge David McHugh gave notice that the accused must provide any alibi details to the prosecution within 14 days.
He returned him for trial to the present sittings of Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
The accused was sent forward on existing bail conditions to appear in the Circuit Court on April 3.
The endangerment charges are under the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act while the rest are contrary to the Road Traffic Act.
Previously, Garda Michael Martin said Mr McMullen made no reply when he was charged.