| 4.5°C Dublin

Taxi driver in triple sex attack back on bail as case delayed


Dad-of-three Mansoor Uddin

Dad-of-three Mansoor Uddin

Dad-of-three Mansoor Uddin

A taxi driver who sexually assaulted three young women in just over two weeks has had his case adjourned a second time after a psychological report wasn't completed.

Mansoor Uddin (41), a married father-of-three, of Castleway, Adamstown, Lucan, pleaded guilty before a trial at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court in February to sexual assault on January 30, 2016, and two sexual assaults on February 16, 2016.


At a sentence hearing last month, the court heard that as part of his bail conditions a female passenger was not permitted to be a front-seat passenger in Uddin's taxi.

Yesterday, Seamus Clarke SC, defending, indicated that there had been a lot of media attention surrounding the case in April and this had had huge repercussions on Uddin's family.

He told the court his client's licence was revoked following his guilty plea in February.

"The reality is that his bail condition was that if he had a single passenger they had to sit in the back of the vehicle. Once he pleaded guilty his licence was revoked," Mr Clarke said, before adding that Uddin had not actually worked as a taxi driver since last November.

Counsel said that as part of his bail conditions Uddin was also subject to a curfew which meant that he wasn't permitted to work as a taxi driver at night.

Mr Clarke indicated that the psychological service wished to carry out one further assessment on Uddin before a report was prepared.

Judge Sinead Ni Chulachain agreed to adjourn the case to May 20 and remanded Uddin on continuing bail until then.

She said she was "taken aback" the report wasn't ready and couldn't understand the delay.


The court heard last month that Uddin sexually assaulted two of the women on the same night after demanding that one of them get out of his taxi when he saw her trying to take a photo of his identification.

The 18-year-old victim had also called a friend while in the cab and gave her Uddin's name and some of his taxi number.

Sergeant Aoife Cronin told the court that gardai used CCTV footage, a database of registered public service vehicles and a computer-generated likeness from a victim to identify Uddin.