Wednesday 21 August 2019

Take That fan spared jail after attacking mum and daughter

Tracey Robinson pleaded guilty to two counts of assault. Photo: Collins Courts
Tracey Robinson pleaded guilty to two counts of assault. Photo: Collins Courts

A woman has been spared jail for an unprovoked attack on a mother and daughter during a Take That concert in Dublin.

Tracey Robinson (33), of Beechfield Drive, Donaghadee, Co Down, pleaded guilty at Dublin District Court to two counts of common assault and two public order charges in connection with the incident in the 3Arena last April 29.

She had been intoxicated and irate, and following arrest she was held at a city centre garda station.

At her court appearance the following day, she pleaded guilty and was released on bail.

Garda Seamus Donoghue told the court the accused had been at the gig when she struck the woman, who was in her 50s, from behind, over her head with a half-full plastic bottle.

The victim's adult daughter turned around to see what happened and had her hair pulled by Robinson, the court was told.

Justice

Robinson, who had no previous convictions, was found suitable for inclusion in a restorative justice programme and returned to court yesterday, when a report was furnished to the court.

She came with €930 in compensation for the victims.

The mother was to receive €500 plus €90, the cost of her concert ticket, while her daughter was to get €250 and the price of her ticket.

Judge Bryan Smyth noted a reference in the report to charitable donation and that Robinson had complied with the restorative justice scheme.

Gda Donoghue said the victims did not want to give an impact statement.

Counsel asked the judge to note his client had travelled back from the North for the case and had taken compensation.

Judge Smyth said in the circumstances he was applying the Probation of Offenders Act.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News