herald

Thursday 13 December 2018

Socialite's son fails to appear for court date

A BENCH warrant has been issued for the son of top celebrity hairdresser David Marshall and socialite Jackie Rafter after he failed to appear in court.

Daniel Marshall (23) was due in Dun Laoghaire District Court on Wednesday to contest an allegation that he punched and headbutted a teenager while on the Luas.

It was previously alleged that Marshall left the 19-year-old victim with blood running down the side of his face.

The matter was due before Dun Laoghaire court for hearing, after Marshall denied the assault, having told a judge he got headbutted first.

HEADLOCK

Marshall, with an address at Coppinger Glade in Stillorgan, is charged before Dun Laoghaire District Court with seriously assaulting Yaroslav Kovshikov on the Luas at Balally, Dundrum, on July 8 last year.

The accused is alleged to have got the teenager in a headlock, headbutted him and repeatedly punched him.

Garda Sergeant Peadar McCann previously alleged the teenager suffered a number of blows to his face and body and when gardai arrived on the scene, he was bleeding down the left-hand side of his face. He also allegedly suffered bruising and marks to his face.

Defence lawyer Patrick McCullough said Marshall was not in court. Gardai said they were not ready to proceed with the case, saying the victim had an operation on his nose and they received a medical report from the victim's consultant.

Mr McCullough asked the judge to adjourn the matter as the State was not ready to proceed. Judge William Hamill issued a bench warrant.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News