A second boy has been charged with the murder of Lucan teenager Ana Kriegel in May.
The boy (13), who cannot be named because he is under 18, is accused of the murder of 14-year-old Anastasia Kriegel at Glenwood House, Laraghcon, Clonee Road, Lucan, on May 14.
He was remanded in custody to appear again on July 18.
Anastasia, known as Ana, who was adopted from Russia at the age of two, left her home in Leixlip, Co Kildare, at about 5pm on May 14.
Her parents were unable to contact her phone and alerted gardai. The teenager's body was found at a disused farmhouse three days later.
The young boy, dressed in a pink hooded top, dark blue jeans and black trainers, appeared before Judge John O'Connor at the Dublin Children' Court yesterday.
He sat on the defendant's bench close to his mother, who was seated beside his solicitor, David Powderly.
Judge John O'Connor introduced himself to the boy and asked him if it was his first time in court. "Yes," the boy replied and then looked around the room as the case proceeded.
Detective Sergeant Damien Gannon gave evidence of his arrest and being charged.
He told Judge O'Connor the boy was arrested at his home at 8.15am yesterday. He was then taken to Lucan Garda Station where he was charged.
Det-Sgt Gannon said the boy made no reply to the charge after caution, adding: "His mother was present at the time of arrest and the time of charge"
At this stage, the boy raised his right hand and quietly asked permission to use the toilet.
He was brought out to the toilet and re-entered the courtroom two minutes later when the proceedings resumed.
Judge O'Connor said that owing to the nature of the charge the Children's Court did not have jurisdiction to rule on the issue of bail. Legal aid was granted.
Judge O'Connor asked Det-Sgt Gannon if special directions, necessary because of the boy's age, had been obtained from the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
The officer replied: "The DPP has given them." However, he did not have a copy of the directions with him.
The judge said press reporters in court were aware of the reporting restrictions in the case and he gave a warning which he said was directed to social media.
He said the boy had a right to a fair trial and also, he stressed, the right to anonymity.
He warned that no details of his name, address or school or any photos that would identify him could be published, or any other details that would identify him.
Bail in murder cases can be granted only in the High Court.
The court probation officer was asked to check if there was a space available at the Oberstown detention centre in north Dublin to hold the boy.
Det-Sgt Gannon said he had already enquired and there was a place available.
Mr Powderly said: "There is no other issue I need to raise to the court."
Once it was confirmed there was a space for the boy, Judge O'Connor remanded him in custody to the detention centre to appear again on July 18.
He allowed the boy's mother to spend time with her son before he was transferred but said that had to be done downstairs.
Another boy, also aged 13, had already been remanded in custody on May 25 after he was charged with Ana's murder.
On June 27 he was refused bail by the High Court. He is due to appear again at the Children's Court on July 23.
There has been no indication yet as to how either boy intends to plead.