TwoDublin men have appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a man in a shooting in the capital earlier this year.
Robert Redmond (32) and Bernard Fogarty (32) were both remanded in custody after being brought before Dublin district court yesterday.
They were arrested over the weekend following a Garda investigation into a shooting near Dublin Airport last January during which two men were injured.
Detective gardaí Warren O'Sullivan and Michael McGuinness gave evidence of arrest, charge and caution of both accused yesterday
Mr Redmond and Mr Fogarty are both charged with the attempted murder of Barry Wolverson at Killeek Lane, St Margaret's, Swords, last January 17.
They are also charged with assault causing harm to Gerard Wildman at the same location on the same date under Section 3 of the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act.
Mr Redmond, of Woodview Close, Donaghmede, and Mr Fogarty, with an address in Kilmore, also face charges relating to the alleged possession of a firearm and ammunition arising from the same incident.
No bail application was made on behalf of Mr Fogarty and he was remanded in custody.
The district court cannot consider a bail application in an attempted murder case.
An application was made on behalf of Mr Redmond in relation to the other charges.
Det-Gda Michael McGuiness objected to bail, citing a number of grounds including the serious nature of the charges. He told the court that evidence recovered during the investigation included CCTV, clothing and witness statements.
Asked by counsel for the defendant if there are any conditions which would allay his concerns, Det-Gda McGuinness said there was not.
Two further charges were also brought against Mr Redmond over an alleged incident in Dublin last year. He is charged with demanding money with menace, under Section 17 of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act, from a man outside of the complainant's business on September 26, 2019.
Mr Redmond is also charged with criminal damage.
Detective Garda Michael McCallion objected to bail citing the seriousness of the charge and the likely sentence on conviction for demanding money with menace, which is 14 years.
The court heard it will be alleged the man was approached by two males and told: "Your gaff will be burnt down with you and your mot in it".
Text messages and phone calls were also involved, the court heard.
The detective said that CCTV had been gathered from the surrounding area and that Mr Redmond was identified as a passenger in a vehicle that had approached the complainant.
He said Mr Redmond had attended the Garda station to make a voluntary statement and identified himself on CCTV, but denied making any threats.
Det-Gda McCallion agreed with counsel for Mr Redmond that the complainant was not in the court to give evidence and therefore what was said is hearsay.
Asked by the solicitor if he would accept that getting a trial date could take up to two years, the detective said he did not know how long it currently takes.
He also said there would be no bail conditions which would take away his concerns.
The presiding judge Treasa Kelly said that the accused enjoyed the presumption of innocence but that, having considered the evidence before her, was refusing the bail application.
Mr Redmond was remanded in custody to appear again before Cloverhill district court on Thursday.