Man is sent forward for trial accused of assault at GAA club
A Dublin man has been sent for trial charged with assaulting and injuring another man at a GAA club in the south west of the city.
Richard Walker (31) had a book of evidence served on him at Blanchardstown District Court. Judge David McHugh sent him forward for trial to Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
Mr Walker, with an address at Ferrycarrig Road, Priorswood, Dublin 17, is charged with one count of assault causing harm.
The offence is alleged to have happened at St Mary's GAA club in Saggart, Co Dublin, on July 15 last year.
The DPP had directed the case was to be dealt with at district court level on a guilty plea only, and the court had heard the accused was pleading not guilty.
When the book of evidence was ready, it was served on the accused and a State solicitor said the DPP was consenting to Mr Walker being sent for trial.
Judge McHugh gave the accused the formal notice that he had 14 days from the court date to provide details of any alibi he intended to rely on.
He also ordered the prosecution to furnish the defence with a copy of Mr Walker's garda interview video. The accused sat and read through the book of evidence before signing a new bail bond. He was remanded on bail under existing terms, to appear in the circuit court on a date next month.
Previously, the prosecuting garda said she met Mr Walker by appointment at Clondalkin Garda Station on April 6 last and he made no reply to the charge after caution.
As part of disclosure, Mr Walker's solicitor Wayne Kenny had said he would be seeking a copy of the "referee's notebook".
The charge against the accused is under Section 3 of the Non Fatal Offences Against the Person Act.