herald

Thursday 14 December 2017

Man accused of McDonald's queue attack

THIS is the young man accused of kicking and punching three others, knocking two of them to the ground, while they were waiting in line for food at a restaurant drive-through.

Max Javseev (23) is alleged to have left the victims with black eyes and cuts and bruises following the unprovoked assault.

He is facing trial by judge and jury in the Circuit Court, where the penalties are greater, after a judge ruled the matters were too serious for the District Court.

The defendant, of Parlickstown Green in Mulhuddart, appeared before Blanchardstown District Court charged with three counts of serious assault.

The alleged incident took place at the McDonald's Drive Through in Blanchardstown on July 9 last year. Garda Sergeant Maria Callaghan said two men and a woman were waiting for food at the McDonald's when Javseev came along in a car.



Occupants

There were two other men and two women with him.

Sgt Callaghan claimed the victims moved away to allow them to place their order, but they were challenged by the car's occupants.

Sgt Callaghan said Javseev punched one of the victims in the face, knocked two of them to the ground and repeatedly kicked one of them.

One of the victims was punched in both eyes and fell to the ground, landing on the right-hand side of his head. He was then kicked on the right side of his forehead, the court heard.

It is alleged that a second victim was punched in the left eye. He also fell to the ground, where he was kicked repeatedly to the arms and upper body.

Judge John Lindsay remanded Javseev on a €300 bail bond.

The judge warned him he had 14 days to provide details of anyone he proposed calling as a witness in his defence.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News