A teenager has appeared in court charged in connection with the shooting of a man in Dublin's north inner city.
Unemployed Derek Noone (19), was charged with possession of a weapon following the gun attack at North Circular Road last August.
He was remanded in custody after a judge refused to grant him bail.
Noone, of Mellowes Avenue, Finglas, is charged with possession of a sawn-off 12-gauge single-barrelled shotgun with intent to endanger life at the North Circular Road on August 23, 2009. He is also charged with unlawful possession of the same weapon at nearby Summerhill on the same date.
The charges are under the Firearms and Offensive Weapons Act.
A co-accused man is facing trial and is due to have a book of evidence served on him next month. A third suspect is believed to be still at large.
Detective Garda Martin McInerney of Fitzgibbon Street Garda Station told Dublin District Court his objections to bail included the seriousness of the charges against Noone.
"We believe if he gets bail, the accused will not turn up in court on the next date," he said.
The defendant's solicitor said the case had been before the court previously and had been struck out because of prosecution delays. A book of evidence had not been ready within the time limit.
Judge Denis McLoughlin refused bail and remanded the accused in custody to appear in Cloverhill District Court on August 19. He was granted legal aid.