| 10.9°C Dublin

In Brief: Car-theft case is dismissed

A DUBLIN man has been cleared of stealing a businessman's car after a judge said she had a doubt over the evidence in the case.

Clive Bolger (42), of Donomore Park, Kingswood, Tallaght, had been accused of unlawfully taking the car belonging to Stephen Lyons but insisted he had permission to use it.

Mr Lyons said nobody had permission to use it.

Judge Patricia McNamara dismissed the case.



Accused faces raid charges

A MAN accused of breaking into a house armed with a knife and assaulting two men is facing trial on the charges.

Michael Duke (24), of Finglaswood Road, Dublin 11, appeared before Blanchardstown District Court charged with aggravated burglary.

He is also accused of seriously assaulting two men during the incident at a house at Barry Avenue in Finglas on February 15, 2011.

Judge Halpin adjourned the matter to a date in September for the service of the book of evidence.



Drink-driver's row with wife

A TILER who went drink driving in his company van while uninsured had a row with his wife and left in the vehicle to "cool off".

Stephen Rooney (32) was sitting in the van in a supermarket car park when he decided to go to buy alcohol.

He was banned from driving for a year and fined €150 at Dun Laoghaire District Court.

Rooney, with an address at Cois Cualann, Loughlinstown, pleaded guilty to drunk and uninsured driving at Church Road, Ballybrack on April 8.